- Advanced Micro Piezo®, optimized for photo printing
- Monochrome head: 48 nozzles, Color head: 48 nozzles x 5 (CcMmY)
Ink Cartridge Configuration
- One black cartridge and one color (CcMmY) cartridge
- Dye based photographically superior Photo Inks
- Black Dye optimized to handle both text and photo printing
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
Ink Cartridge Life
Black Ink Yield
- 540 pages text (ISO/IEC 10561 letter pattern), 370 pages graphic (5% coverage)¹
Color Ink Yield
- 370 pages (5% coverage per color)¹
Ink Shelf Life
- 2 years from production date, 6 months from first use
Maximum Resolution (dots per inch)
4" x 6" Photo
8" x 10" Photo
Maximum Paper Width
Maximum Printable Area
- 8.5" x 11"
Full bleed possible on 8.5" x 11"
Top/bottom margin 0"
Left/right margin 0"
- 3.5" x 5", 4" x 6", 4" x 6" perforated, 5" x 7", 8" x 10", Letter, half letter, A4, A6, legal, executive, user definable sizes up to 8.5" wide x 128" long, custom size banners and panoramics possible.
Borderless Photo Sizes
- 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", letter
- Supports a variety of Epson photo papers, plain, bond and air mail papers. Supports EPSON Premium Bright White, Glossy Photo Paper, Premium Glossy Photo Paper, Premium Semigloss Photo Paper, Premium Luster Photo Paper, ColorLife Photo Paper, Matte Paper Heavyweight, Double-sided Matte, Inkjet Transparencies, Self-adhesive Sheets, Photo Quality Ink Jet Paper, Greeting Cards, High Quality Banner paper; labels; envelopes, Iron-on Transfers and Photo Stickers.
Light Resistance / Print Longevity
- Light resistant up to 27 years with Epson ColorLife Photo Paper³
- Water resistant on Epson Premium Paper
- Resistant to smudges and fingermarks
- Input paper tray: 100 Sheets(plain paper)/10 envelopes/1 transparency
Hardware and Software Details
Printer Dimensions & Weight
- Printing (L x W x H): 18.3" x 16.6" x 10.5"
Weight: 7.7 lb
Printer Case Color
Interface and Connectivity
- Windows USB - Windows 98, 2000, Me and XP
- Windows Parallel - Windows 95, 98, NT4.0, 2000, Me and XP
- Macintosh USB - Macintosh OS 8.6 - 9.X, OS X 10.1.x and 10.2.x4
- EPSON Software Film Factory
- PRINT Image Matching Plug-In for Adobe® Photoshop® 6.0-7.0 and Elements 1.0-2.0
- ArcSoft® PhotoImpression
- EPSON ESC/P Raster, EPSON Remote
- Standard, Charts and Graphs, EPSON Vivid Color, PhotoEnhance
- Temperature: Operating: 50° to 95°F (10° to 35°C), Storage: -4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C),
- Humidity: Operating: 20% to 80% relative humidity, Storage: 5% to 85% relative humidity (no condensation)
- Safety standards: UL1950, CSA22.2 950, FCC part 15 subpart B class B, CSA C108.8 class B
- Approx. 17w (self test mode)
- Standard one-year limited warranty in the U.S. and Canada including EPSON Exchange program (U.S. and Canada only)
Supported Digital Camera Technologies
- PRINT Image Matching (P.I.M.) and Exif Print (Exif 2.2)
- ¹Cartridge life will vary with images printed, print settings, papers, and frequency of use. Some ink from first cartridge used for initialization.
- ²Black text is in Draft Mode on plain paper. Color photo is in Draft Mode on EPSON Photo Paper. Additional processing time will vary based on system configuration, software application and page complexity.
- ³Lightfastness rating up to 27 years based on accelerated testing of prints on EPSON ColorLife Photo Paper displayed indoors, under glass. Actual print stability will vary according to image, display conditions, light intensity, humidity, and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display prints under glass or laminations or properly store them. Water-resistant prints are produced using EPSON Premium Glossy Photo Paper and EPSON Photo Paper.
- 4OS X does not support certain features