- Advanced Micro Piezo®, optimized for photo printing
- Monochrome head: 48 nozzles, Color head: 48 nozzles x 5 (Cyan, Light Cyan, Magenta, Light Magenta and Yellow)
- 6 colors (Cyan, Light Cyan, Magenta, Light Magenta, Yellow and Black)
Ink Cartridge Configuration
- One black cartridge and one color (Cyan, Light Cyan, Magenta, Light Magenta and Yellow) cartridge
Recommended Ink Cartridges¹
- Black (T007201)
- Color (T009201)
- Photographic Dye Ink system
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
Ink Cartridge Life
Ink Shelf Life
- 2 years from production date
Maximum Resolution (dots per inch)
- Up to 5760 x 720 optimized dpi
4" x 6" Photo
8" x 10" Photo
- As fast as 1 minute 50 seconds²
Maximum Paper Width
Maximum Printable Area
- 3.5" x 5", 4"x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", A4 (8.3" x 11.7), letter (8.5" x 11"), legal (8.5" x 14"), 11" x 14", 12" x 12", B (11" x 17"), A3 (11.7" x 16.5"), Super B (13" x 19"), user definable, plus 4", 8.3" and 13" wide panoramic roll papers
Borderless Photo Sizes
- 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", letter (8.5" x 11"), 11" x 14" and 13" x 19"
- Premium Glossy Photo Paper, Premium Semigloss Photo Paper, Premium Luster Photo Paper, Ultra Premium Glossy Photo Paper, ColorLife Photo Paper, Matte Paper Heavyweight, Double-Sided Matte Paper, PremierArt Matte Scrapbook Photo Paper, Semigloss Scrapbook Photo Paper, Inkjet Transparencies, Photo Quality Self-adhesive Sheets, Photo Quality Ink Jet Paper, Greeting Cards, Iron-on Transfers, Photo Stickers, Premium Bright White Paper, plain paper
Special Media Support
- Roll paper - 4", 8.3" and 13" rolls
Maximum Paper Thickness
Light Resistance / Print Longevity
- Light resistant up to 27 years with Epson ColorLife Photo Paper³
- Input paper tray: 100 Sheets(plain paper) / 10 envelopes / 1 transparency
Hardware and Software Details
Printer Dimensions & Weight
- Storage (L x W x H): 24" x 12.2" x 6.9"
Printing (L x W x H): 24" x 30.2" x 16.3"
Weight: 18.48 lb
Printer Case Color
Interface and Connectivity
- Windows USB - Windows 98, 2000, Me and XP
- Windows Parallel - Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0, 2000, Me and XP
- Macintosh USB - Macintosh OS 8.5.1 - 9.22, OS X 10.1 and later
- PRINT Image Matching II Plug-In for Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0
- EPSON ESC/P Raster, EPSON Remote
- Photo-realistic, Vivid, EPSON Natural Color
- 25,000 pages - A4 or Letter
- Temperature: Operating: 50° to 95°F (10° to 35°C); Storage: -4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C);
- Humidity: Operating: 20% to 80% releative humidity, Storage: 5% to 85% relative humidity (no condensation)
- Safety standards: UL1950 with D3, CSA22.2 950 with D3, RFI: FCC part 15 subpart B class B, CSA C108.8 class B
- Approx. 15w (Energy Star compliant)
- Standard one-year limited warranty in the U.S. and Canada including EPSON Exchange program (U.S. and Canada only)
- ¹ We recommend that you use genuine Epson cartridges. The use of other products may affect your print quality and could result in printer damage. Yields vary considerably based on images printed, print settings, paper type, frequency of use and temperature. For print quality, a variable amount of ink remains in the cartridge after the "replace cartridge" indicator comes on. The printer ships with full cartridges and part of the ink from the first cartridges is used for priming the printer.
- ² Black text memo, measured after the first page, is in Economy mode on plain paper. Color photo speed is in Fine mode on Epson Glossy Photo Paper, measured from start of paper feed. Additional print time will vary based on system configuration, software application and page complexity. See www.epson.com/printspeed for more information about print speeds.
³ Lightfastness rating of 27 years with Epson ColorLife Photo Paper based on accelerated testing of prints displayed indoors framed under glass. See www.wilhelm-research.com for test details and information on other Epson papers. Actual print stability will vary according to display conditions, light intensity, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display all prints under glass or properly store them.
- Note: Cleaning sheets packaged with Epson special media should not be used with this printer. The cleaning function performed by these sheets is not necessary with this type of printer, and the sheets could jam in the printer. For cleaning sheets compatible with this printer, please go here.