Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Professional Compact Desktop Printer Features and Benefits
The Epson Stylus Pro 3880 was designed without compromise so your visions could be printed without compromise. With its compact size, it represents the next step in professional desktop printing, and is a must have for the serious professional.
- High-density pigments for an extremely wide color gamut
- New formulation of Magenta pigments for extreme blues and purples
- Professional print permanence ratings for truly sellable quality prints
- High-gloss Microcrystal Encapsulation™ technology for reduced gloss differential
- Superior scratch resistance from improved pigment and resin chemistry
- Color is stable immediately after printing - no short-term color shifting
- Produces a black density up to 2.55 with an L* value of 2.9*
*Data based on Epson Premium Luster Photo Paper (260)
- One-inch wide, high performance print head offers a maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440
- Produces variable sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters to greatly decrease print times, while optimizing photographic quality
- Reduction of the metameric index makes it possible to achieve consistent color under different lighting conditions
- Ensures truly photographic prints, even in high-speed or lower resolution print modes.
- Complex mathematical architecture created from a collaboration of Epson and the Rochester Institute of Technology's Munsell Color Science Laboratory
- Optimizes ink usage to maximize the color gamut and provide smooth color transitions and gradations
- Compensates for various ink densities between resolutions, allowing for a single ICC profile to be used per media type
- Automatically utilizes 2 different black ink modes - Photo Black or Matte Black
- Optimizes Black ink density for various media types
- Dramatically improves final print quality on photographic media and fine art paper
- Prints on virtually any type of cut-sheet media from 4 x 6 up to 17 x 22
- Top-loading, high-capacity paper feeder handles up to 120 sheets of plain, letter-sized paper or up to 20 sheets of photographic media
- Second, top-loading, manual sheet feeder accommodates thick fine art paper up to 17" wide
- Front-loading, straight-through, manual sheet feeder handles media up to 16 inches wide and up to 1.5 mm-thick posterboard
- Supports manual printing on both sides of specialty media
- Prints on select BorderFree™ cut-sheet media from 4 x 6 up to 17 x 22
- Unique driver technology takes full advantage of our three-level black system to produce professional black-and-white prints from color or grayscale image files
- Produces a truly consistent print with no color crossover or color cast
- Some of the world's greatest black-and-white photography has been printed using this technology
- Standard ports include one high speed USB 2.0 and one 10/100 BaseT Ethernet
- Standard professional Epson drivers for Macintosh and Windows
- New print engine technology that takes full advantage of the latest in precision mechanical design, resulting in a significant reduction in overall printer size and weight
- Incredibly quiet operation, perfectly suited for even home use
- Large, 2.5-inch, backlit LCD control panel for easy, direct printer control, and operational status monitoring
- Built-in sensor reads printed data for highly precise alignment of all color channels in both bi-directional and uni-directional modes
- Built in sensor analyzes a printed nozzle check pattern and automatically cleans the print head if required
- Utilizing our latest high-performance print head technology, the SP3880 is among the fastest professional desktop printers in the industry
||8 x 10
||11 x 14
||16 x 20
|SuperFine - 1440 dpi HS
|SuperFine - 1440 dpi
|SuperPhoto - 2880 dpi HS
|SuperPhoto - 2880 dpi
HS = High-Speed Print Mode (Bi-directional Print Mode) | Print speeds are shown in min:sec.
Based upon print engine speed only. Total throughput times depend upon front-end RIP, file size, printer resolution, ink coverage, networking, etc.
- Unique production technology to ensure printer-to-printer color consistency
- Colorimetric calibration is performed during the manufacturing process
- This process automatically evaluates and adjusts the color performance of each printer produced
- The result is extreme color repeatability for demanding color performance over time
- Completely eliminates the need for internal printer calibration devices or procedures
- Free one-year coverage under the Epson Preferred Protection plan limited warranty with toll-free telephone support available Monday through Friday and usually next-business day, full unit exchange service
- Optional one- or two-year Epson Preferred Plus service plans available
- The Signature Worthy Edition includes Epson's finest Photo and Fine Art papers. Designed for creative professionals, Signature Worthy papers deliver an incredibly wide color gamut, smooth tonal transitions, and exceptional black density.
- Included Signature Worthy Media:
- Exhibition Fiber Paper (8.5"x11" – 25 sheet pack)
- Cold Press Bright (8.5"x11" – 25 sheet pack)
- Cold Press Natural (8.5"x11" – 25 sheet pack)
- Hot Press Bright (8.5"x11" – 25 sheet pack)
- Hot Press Natural (8.5"x11" – 25 sheet pack)
- Signature Worthy Sample Pack
- Easy-to-Use intuitive interface saves time and produces accurate output.
- Print directly from the latest creative design software, or drag-and-drop files to a hot folder.
- True Adobe® PDF and Postscript 3 print engine ensures compatibility with your design files.
- Professional ICC color management, based on BestColor technology used in the commercial EFI Colorproof XF RIP offered with the Epson Proofing Edition Series.
- Handles both CMYK data for accurate proofing to industry standards, and RGB data for exceptional results with Photography and Fine Art.
- Reproduces accurate spot colors with the included PANTONE, DIC, HKS, and TOYO libraries.
- True cross platform network printing via hot folder or eXpress Virtual Print technology.
- Software supported on both Macintosh OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Includes Epson media support out of the box, and the ability to add custom media types.