The Epson Stylus Pro 7700 (24-inch) and Epson Stylus Pro 9700 (44-inch) printers incorporate our latest achievements in high-performance ink jet printing. By combining the extreme precision of our MicroPiezo TFP™ print head, with the extraordinary performance of Epson UltraChrome® Vivid Magenta Ink, our newest generation of Epson Stylus Pro printers represent a level of printing technology unprecedented within the Corporate Graphics and Display Signage markets.
High-Precision Ten-Channel Epson MicroPiezo TFP™ Print Head
- High-Precision Ten-Channel Epson MicroPiezo® TFP™ Print Head
- Thin Film Piezo (TFP) print head design capable of extreme dot placement accuracy
- One-inch wide, high performance print head with 720 nozzles per color
- Extreme line accuracy of +/- 0.1% at line weights as low as 28 micrometers
- Auto-switching dual-black ink technologies - Photo and Matte Black
- Low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement
- All-new ink repelling coating for dramatically reduce nozzle clogging
- Produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters to greatly decrease print times while optimizing photographic quality
Epson AccuPhoto™ HD Screening
- Advanced four-color screening algorithm resulting in prints with superior color and clarity
- Maximum resolution of 1440 x 1440 dpi for incredibly sharp text and line art
- Produces extremely fine blends and photographic transitions
- Extremely accurate highlight-to-shadow details
- When combined with the precise dot placement accuracy of the Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head, overall photographic and vector-based print quality is dramatically improved
* Photographic graininess could still be visible if present in the actual file being printed.
Epson PreciseColor™ Manufacturing
In order to ensure consistent printing between multiple Epson Stylus Pro printers of the same model, Epson has refined the manufacturing process to include colorimetric calibration. Eliminating the need for internal calibration devices, this system evaluates and adjusts each printer's performance at the manufacturing stage, ensuring consistent color output from printer to printer and print to print.
Automatic Nozzle Verification and Cleaning
- Embedded sensors quickly verify nozzle status without using media and automatically cleans the print head if required
Automatic Print Head Alignment
- Built-in sensor performs highly precise alignments of all color channels
- Aligns both single- and bi-directional print modes
Epson UltraChrome with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology
- Next Generation Four-Color Pigment-Based Ink System
- Unique High Dynamic Range (HDR) pigments for an extremely wide color gamut
- Four-color printing system including dual-black ink technology
- Designed to work with Epson AccuPhoto HD screening technology
- Produces true archival prints up to 200 years1
- Improved Microcrystal Encapsulation™ Technology for reduced gloss differential
- Exceptional black density up to a D-max of 2.6 with an L* value as low as ~3.02
2Dmax and L* values are based on Epson Premium Semigloss Photo Paper (250)
Automatic Dual-Black Ink Modes
With both Photo and Matte Black ink cartridges installed simultaneously, the Epson Stylus Pro 7700 and 9700 series printers automatically utilize the optimal black ink mode, delivering maximum black density for the chosen media.
The standard Photo Black ink mode can be used for any media type with professional results. However, for certain media types such as plain bond and tracing papers, using the Matte Black ink mode will dramatically increase your black optical density and sharpness for even better print quality.
Professional Media Handling
- Compatible with virtually any media type, in roll or cut sheet, up to 24 or 44 inches wide
- Accurate loading of cut-sheet media up to 1.5 mm thick posterboard
- All media is front-loaded via a unique straight-through media path
- Printer and driver based media identification and synchronization system for virtually error-free media use
- Media bin safely captures multiple prints up to 24" x 36" or 44" x 36"
- Optional Automatic Take-up Reel System for unattended production of large print runs (available on the Epson Stylus Pro 9700 only)
Epson ePlaten™ Media Loading Technology
- Accurate automatic media loading, movement, skew adjustment, and tracking
- Electronically controlled roll media back tension
- Automatic roll media rewind upon media release
- Simplifies the overall roll and cut-sheet media loading process
Spindle-Free Roll Media Loading
- User-adjustable roll media adapters accept either 2- or 3-inch media cores
- Simple tension lever ensures quick and secure media core loading
- Designed with Epson ePlaten Technology for highly accurate roll media usage
- Additional media adapter pairs available as an accessory for efficient roll media switching
Roll Media Length Tracking and Identification System
- Realtime automatic remaining roll media length counter
- Auto bar code tagging of remaining roll media information for faster reloading
- Very useful for tracking partially used media rolls
- System can be disabled if not required by your workflow
High Performance Rotary Cutting System
- Durable rotary cutter, designed to be virtually maintenance free
- High performance cutting speeds - cuts 24" to 44" wide rolls in under two seconds
- Off-carriage cutting system eliminates media dust within critical components
High Performance Print Engine Speeds
Utilizing our latest print head technology, the Epson Stylus Pro 700 series printers are among the fastest wide-format printers in the industry.
|Popular Poster Print Size Speeds
||16" x 20"
||20" x 30"
||40" x 60" (9900 only)
||Ft2 per Hour
|Draft - 360 dpi HS*
|Fine - 720 dpi HS*
|SuperPhoto - 1440 dpi HS*
|Popular CAD Plot Size Speeds
||C-Size Plot (17" x 22")
||D-Size Plot (22" x 34")
|Draft - 360 dpi HS*
|Fine - 720 dpi HS*
|SuperPhoto - 1440 dpi HS*
* HS = High-Speed Print Mode (Bi-directional Print Mode) | Print speeds are shown in min:sec
Epson Intelligent High-Capacity Ink System
- Pressurized ink cartridge technology ensures reliable ink delivery at all print speeds, while dramatically reducing the physical size of the ink cartridges
- Five individual ink cartridges; available in 150 ml, 350 ml, and 700 ml fill capacities
- On-the-fly ink cartridge replacement for increased productivity
- Mix and match across all three ink cartridge sizes
Easy-to-Use Front Control Panel
- High-resolution 2.5-inch color LCD for improved viewing of printer status
- Simple button layout for all navigation and basic printer functions
- Connectivity includes one USB 2.0 and one 10/100 BaseT Ethernet port
- Epson Professional Photographic Drivers for Macintosh® and Windows®
- Epson HDI Driver Support
- Fully supported by most leading third-party software RIPs and workflows
Create Professional Posters and Easy Enlargements with Included Software
- Print Artist for Epson is a fast and easy way to create spectacular posters, banners, and much more. Containing more than 16,000 project templates and numerous graphics, a powerful, yet easy-to-use design, text and drawing customization tools, advanced photo editor, special text effects gallery and more, you’ll be creating expert, eye-popping print projects with a professional custom look.
- Epson CopyFactory solution enables anyone to quickly and easily enlarge both hard copy originals and digital pictures to many standard poster sizes, when paired with an Epson scanner or multifunction printer.
- Epson LFP Print Plug-In for Office is a plug-in for Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, and 2010 applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) that makes printing banners and enlarging documents very easy with just a click of a button. Available by Download only.