Back to top
Project Full HD content onto the big screen.
The PowerLite 1980WU brings the big screen to entertainment venues. This portable powerhouse projects brilliant native WUXGA with Full HD 1080p support. Offering 3x Brighter Colors* than competitive models, Epson 3LCD projectors ensure vivid images. With 4400 lumens of color brightness and 4400 lumens of white brightness1, the 1980WU shines bright. WUXGA resolution makes it easy to display larger-than-life Full HD sporting events — up to 300'. And, you can even turn your projector into a smart display, with instant access to movies, games and more from MHL®-enabled smartphones and tablets; plus, simultaneously charge your device when it's plugged into the projector.
||3x Brighter Colors with Epson*
Brilliant image quality requires high color brightness. Epson 3LCD projectors have 3x Brighter Colors than leading competitive projectors*. Delivering 4400 lumens of color brightness1 and 4400 lumens of white brightness1, the PowerLite 1980WU uses 3LCD, 3-chip technology for brilliant images with true-to-life color.
High-aperture Epson 3LCD, 3-chip technology
WUXGA (1920 x 1200)
Product Guides & Additional Information:
Back to top
Bright and Colorful
Features 4400 lumens of color brightness (color light output)1
and 4400 lumens of white brightness (white light output)1
See the video >
High-definition 1280 x 800 widescreen resolution
HDMI with MHL Connectivity
Stream 1080p content and mirror your mobile device with MHL — the latest in connectivity. Get instant access to movies, games and more from MHL-enabled devices.
Auto Screen Fit
Display content from two inputs simultaneously, side by side, on a single screen.
- 3x Brighter Colors and reliable performance — 3LCD, 3-chip technology8
- One measurement of brightness is not enough — look for both high color brightness and high white brightness.
The PowerLite 1980WU has:
Color Brightness: 4400 lumens1
White Brightness: 4400 lumens1
- Brilliant widescreen images up to 300" — native WUXGA (1920 x 1200) resolution, Full HD 1080p support and DCDi video processing; also features a 1.6x optical zoom
- Turn your projector into a smart display — get instant access to movies, games and more from MHL-enabled smartphones and tablets; simultaneously charge your device when it's plugged into the projector
- 2x HDMI® connectivity — for high-definition video and audio
- Split Screen2 — simultaneously project two images, video or still, side by side, from two different sources
- Multi-PC projection and Moderator function — connect up to 50 devices to view the display; display up to 4 different devices simultaneously3
- Remote network projection and control — plus Message Broadcasting and built-in schedule functions
- 1.6x optical zoom — offers great positioning flexibility to fit large or small rooms
- PC-free image slideshows — quickly and easily share images and PDFs, without using a computer
- RoHS compliant
- Recyclable product4
- Epson America, Inc. is a SmartWaySM Transport Partner5
For more information on Epson's environmental programs, go to www.epson.com/environment
Back to top
Two-year projector limited warranty, 90-day limited lamp warranty, Epson Road Service Program and PrivateLine® dedicated toll-free support (U.S. and Canada only).
Get additional extended service plans, including exchange/repairs plans and replacement plans