1-Year Extended Service Plan, SureColor F7070 and F7170
Order By Phone
1-800-873-7766 M-F 6am-8pm, S 7am-4pm PT
If You have any questions, require customer service, or wish to report a claim, please contact: Epson America, P.O. Box 93012, Long Beach, CA, 90809-9941.
- Epson's Responsibilities
During the term of this agreement, Epson America, Inc., ("Epson") or its designee will provide priority telephone technical support and the other service described in these Terms and Conditions (the "Service") for each Epson SureColor F7070 and F7170 64-inch wide printer for which you have purchased this extended service coverage (referred to as the "Printer" or the "Product" in this document). Epson is financially and legally obligated to perform Service under this Agreement.
The fee for the Preferred Plus Plan is payable in full before the Preferred Plus Plan will be activated and is non-refundable. The fee for any renewal term shall be paid prior to expiration of the current term. Customer is responsible for any taxes arising for the services provided under this Agreement.
To be eligible for enrollment, the Printer must have been registered with Epson within 90 days of purchase, and customer must purchase the Preferred Plus Service and Support Plan while the System is covered under the standard warranty. See your documentation for the Epson Preferred Limited Warranty Plan. Customer must be prepared to submit proof of original purchase when purchasing the Preferred Plus Service and Support Plan
- How To Obtain Services
Customer may obtain Service by following these procedures:
- Once the Preferred Plus Plan is activated, please contact Epson when the Product requires repair, by using the same toll-free number identified in the Epson Preferred Plan Limited Warranty booklet included with the Product at the time of purchase, and entering the Unit ID number. The toll-free number will be answered between the hours of 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM Pacific time, Monday through Friday. Support hours are subject to change without notice.
- Customer must provide Epson with the model and serial number of the Product, the address where the defective Product is located, and a description of the problem. An Epson service technician will provide telephone diagnostic service to determine whether the Product requires hardware repair. If repair is required, Service will be provided during the term of the Preferred Plus Plan according to the terms and conditions of the limited warranty program included with the Product at the time of purchase, except as provided otherwise in this Agreement. Please refer to the Limited Warranty statement for details. If Service cannot be provided on the Product for any reason during the term of this Agreement and Epson no longer sells the same model, Epson will replace the Product with a model of equal or superior value.
- Services Limited
Service described in this Agreement is a supplement to the Epson Preferred Limited Warranty provided with the Product at the time of sale. This Agreement does not modify the terms and conditions of that limited warranty. Service coverage under this Agreement is limited to one year of coverage or two service calls, whichever occurs first.
No other kinds of services are included.
This Agreement excludes those services listed below. Customer agrees to be billed at Epson's standard rates if excluded services are necessary to restore Product to working condition and to pay such charges upon receipt of invoice. Services excluded from this Agreement are:
This extended service contract is not transferable. If a claimed defect cannot be identified or reproduced in service, you will be held responsible for costs incurred.
- Service of the print head or any other part of the ink delivery system, if the printer is ever used with new or refilled ink cartridges, inks or ink delivery systems other than the Epson UltraChrome DS system for which the printer was designed. In case of such use, coverage of the print head and ink delivery system under this Agreement is immediately terminated.
- Any damage caused by neglecting or improperly performing user-level maintenance as documented in the Epson SureColor F7070 and F7170 User's Guide. The user-level maintenance includes the following items:
Note: See the Maintenance section of your user's guide for in-depth maintenance instructions to best maintain your investment.
- Perform periodic nozzle checks and nozzle cleanings to prevent ink buildup around the print head and cap unit area as needed.
- Clean the platen, pressure roller and media holding plate (recommended: daily, or as needed when there is media dust buildup).
- Check and replace the wiper, wiper cleaner parts, and flushing pad — included as part of the maintenance kit.
- Check and clean the print head, wiper, wiper cleaner, caps, and wiper rail.
- Properly discharge the waste ink as needed.
- If the printer is not being used and is turned off, turn the printer on at least every two weeks.
- If the printer will be turned off for over two weeks, maintenance must be performed by a service technician before the printer is turned off. Service maintenance must be performed again before the printer is turned on.
- If ink is cold let it warm to room temperature before using (recommended: 4 hours or more).
- Do not touch green IC chip on the chip unit.
- Replace carriage encoder as needed.
- Replace ink supply tank as needed.
- Replace damper kit as needed.
- Replace pump cap as needed.
- Replace ink holder as needed.
- Any damage caused by third-party software, applications, parts, components, or peripheral devices added to the product after its shipment from Epson, (for example, dealer- or user-added boards, components, ink delivery systems, or cables).
- Any damage caused by misuse, abuse, improper installation, neglect, failure to maintain, improper packing or shipping, disasters such as fire, flood, lightning, improper electrical currents, software problems, or interaction with non-Epson products.
- Any damage from service performed by other than an Epson Authorized Servicer.
- Service when the printer is used outside the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Service where the printer label, logo, rating label, or serial number has been removed.
- Any damage to used, refurbished, or reconditioned products.
- Any color change or fading of prints, or reimbursement of materials or services required for reprinting.
- Any damage caused by using improper packaging materials or improper packaging and shipping.
- Any service needed because the printer has been turned off and not used for an extended period of time.
- Term, Renewal, No Refunds
- The term of this Agreement shall begin on the expiration date of the Limited Warranty included with the Product and expire on the one-year anniversary date or after two on-site service calls, whichever occurs first.
- We may renew the service plan; however, we are not obligated to do so, nor to accept a service plan order, in the event you tender one. We also reserve the right to modify the terms and conditions applicable to any renewal and to change the renewal fees. No renewal of extended service is available if your previous service contracts plus the original warranty has reached three years.
- You may not assign or transfer this Agreement without the prior and express written consent of Epson. Any other purported transfer or assignment shall be void.
- You will not receive a refund in the event of the Product being returned, sold, lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- Warranty Disclaimer
EPSON MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE PREFERRED PLUS PLAN SERVICES PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Limitation of Liability
- Your right to recover damages shall be limited to moneys actually paid by you to purchase this Agreement. This limitation shall apply regardless of the form of action. Any action for breach of this Agreement must be brought within six months of termination of this Agreement and any extension thereof.
- Except as provided in this Agreement, neither Epson nor its affiliates or agents shall be liable for (a) any loss, inconvenience, or damage, including direct, special, incidental, or consequential damages, including lost profits, cost of substitute equipment, downtime, claims of third parties, including customers, or injury to property, resulting from the use or inability to use the Product, whether resulting from a breach of any expressed or implied warranty or any other legal theory, or (b) delay in furnishing or failing to furnish Service if such a delay is caused by an act of God, strike, governmental action or any cause beyond Epson's reasonable control. Some jurisdictions do not allow limits on implied warranties or on remedies for breach in certain transactions. In such jurisdictions, the limits of this and the preceding paragraph may not apply.
- This Agreement is the complete and exclusive Agreement between the parties. No Epson employee or other person is authorized to make any representations or statements, which are inconsistent with this Agreement. Any such representations or statements are void.
- Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration in the County of Los Angeles, California, before a single arbitrator in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator's decision shall be final and binding. Neither party shall assert, participate in, or join class action or representative action claims against the other in arbitration or otherwise; a party shall only submit its own, individual claims in arbitration and not seek to represent the interests of any other person or entity. The arbitrator shall have no authority to decide any class or representative claim. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of California except the arbitration clause which shall be enforced pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act.
- To the extent any provision of this Agreement is not enforceable under applicable law, such provision shall be deemed null and void and shall have no effect on the remaining portions of this Agreement.