EPSON® DOCUMENT CAMERA IN THE CLASS ROOM CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR ABILITY TO WIN.
1. ELIGIBILITY. In order to participate in the Epson Document Camera in the Classroom contest (the "Contest"), you must be (1) a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia; (2) have reached the age of majority in your state of residence at the time of entry; and (3) be employed full-time or part-time as an educator in a private or public K — 12 school or institution of higher learning where document cameras can be used to enhance the learning experience of students. Employees of Epson America, Inc. ("Sponsor") and Sponsor's parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child and sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. Void in all locations outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to verify all eligibility requirements. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
2. HOW TO PARTICIPATE. To enter, an entrant must submit an entry at www.epson.com/doccamcontest by completing all required fields and five (5) benefits of using a document camera in the classroom in the text boxes on the entry form. Each entry shall be referred to herein each as a "Submission" and all of the entries shall be referred to herein collectively as the "Submissions." Limit one Submission per person.Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of Submissions are received that meet the minimum Judging Criteria set forth below in Paragraph 6.
All entrants must have a valid email address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All Submissions become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of Submissions will not be acknowledged nor will Submissions be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled Submissions (in whole or in part), which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed Submissions are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
3. START/END DATES. Contest begins at 12:01:00 AM Pacific Time on March 15, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time on May 10, 2013.
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES. By entering, each entrant agrees that his or her Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines as defined below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Contest without notice if it believes that the entrant's Submission fails to conform to the Submission Guidelines.
All non-complying Submissions will be disqualified by Sponsor without prior notice to entrant.
Upon request by Sponsor, entrant must provide Sponsor with written consent from the owner of the Authorized Asset(s) in a form and manner acceptable to Sponsor, and within the time-frame specified by Sponsor, or the Submission may be disqualified.
Each entrant acknowledges that Sponsor and/or its agents, as well as others, may have created or contemplated ideas and/or concepts and/or executions that may be similar in idea or concept to entrant's Submission. In addition, other entrants may have ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant's Submission. Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
Entrant must not include any confidential, proprietary, competitive or trade secret information that he/she wishes to keep confidential in the Submission. The Submission contents will not be kept confidential even if designated as such in the Submission.
Sponsor's decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules.
5. RIGHTS IN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. By submitting the Submission, and to the extent that the Submission contains protectable intellectual or other property rights, each entrant grants to Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate the Submission (in whole or in part) into other works, including, but not limited to, into articles and other editorial content, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including but not limited to any and all Internet media, including Sponsor's and Sponsor's parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies' web sites and properties and on social networking sites (i.e., Facebook, YouTube, Twitter etc.), for any legal purpose whatsoever, without compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
By entering the Contest and submitting the Submission, each entrant expressly acknowledges and agrees that the ideas and/or concepts set forth in the Submission are not protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights, and Sponsor may utilize the ideas and/or concepts set forth in the Submission (in whole or in part) to create or execute an expression of the Ad Idea (an "Expression") that is the protected intellectual property of Sponsor, and entrant shall have no right or ability to claim any ownership or other rights in such Expression, nor shall entrant be entitled to any payment for the use of his/her Submission in an Expression.
6. JUDGING. Potential winners will be determined from among all eligible entries received by a panel of three (3) qualified judges selected by Sponsor. The judges' decision will be made on or about May 31, 2013. Entries will be judged based on the following judging criteria ("Judging Criteria"):
In the event of a tie, the highest score in the Creativity category will break the tie. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of Sponsor and the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION.The potential winners will be notified by mail and/or e-mail on or about June 7, 2013 (the "Winner Notification"). Included with or attached to the Winner Notification will be an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release document and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release (collectively the "Prize Claim Forms"). The potential winners must complete, sign, have notarized (where applicable) and return the Prize Claim forms within fourteen (14) days of the date of postmark or send date of the Winner Notification. If Winner Notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, if potential winner rejects his/her prize, if potential winner is determined to be ineligible, or in the event of potential winner's noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
8. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"). Four (4) Epson DC-20 Document Cameras (ARV OF $699 USD/EACH). Four (4) winners will be selected. All federal, state, and local taxes as well as any costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the winners. Sponsor is not responsible should the Prize be lost, stolen or misplaced after is has shipped. The Prize may not be sold, transferred, traded, assigned, refunded or redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value should the Prize become unavailable. The Prize is solely for use in the school where Winners are employed. The Winners' rights in respect of the Prize shall be governed by the terms of Epson's Limited Warranty which is enclosed in the box containing the Prize.
9. CONDITIONS. Acceptance of prize constitutes Winner's permission for Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and Submission and/or any statements made by winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, worldwide in perpetuity and in any form of media without limitation on the Internet and in other media now known or hereafter devised, except where prohibited by law.
10. MISCELLANEOUS. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, garbled, damaged, incomplete, delayed, or misdirected entries or for computer, technical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prize or in any Contest-related materials. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, determine winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using judging procedure described above.
By participating, entrant agrees (i) to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding in all respects, and (ii) to hold Sponsor and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, prize suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective directors, officers, employees and agents of all of the foregoing (collectively, the "Released Parties"), harmless against any and all claims and liability, for any loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action.
Sponsor may disqualify (and void all associated Submissions) anyone from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that such person is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception or other unfair practices, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor's representatives or who is otherwise not in compliance with the terms of these rules. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT'S ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY SITE AND/OR ENTRY IN THE CONTEST, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH SPONSOR OR THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
12. DISPUTUES; GOVERNING LAW. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration. The arbitration will be conducted in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in Los Angeles, California.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of Los Angeles in the State of California. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non-conveniens.
14. WINNERS' List.For the name of the winner, available after June 7, 2013, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Epson Document Camera in the Classroom Contest Winner, Attn: Document Camera Marketing Department, Epson America, Inc., 3840 Kilroy Airport Way, Long Beach, CA 90806.
Epson America, Inc., 3840 Kilroy Airport Way, Long Beach, CA 90806.
ABBREVIATED CONTEST RULES:EPSON DOCUMENT CAMERA IN THE CLASSROOM CONTEST. No purchase necessary. The Epson Document Camera in the Classroom Contest begins at 12:01:00 AM Pacific Time on March 15, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time on May 10, 2013. The Contest is open to persons who, as of the time of entry are the age of majority in their state of residence in one of the fifty (50) United States or the D.C., except employees of Sponsor, their immediate families and those living in the same household. Four prizes each valued at $699 USD. Subject to official rules available at www.epson.com/doccamcontest. Sponsored by Epson America, Inc., 3840 Kilroy Airport Way, Long Beach, CA 90806.
Keep an eye out for our great offers and updates.
Oops, it looks like the system is down. Please try again later.