Why isn’t there any sound?
Try the following:
- Press the button on the remote control to turn up the volume.
- If you’ve turned off the picture and sound, press the A/V Mute button on the remote control to turn them on again.
- Make sure the A/V mute slide (lens cover) is open.
- If you’re using a DVD player or other video source, make sure its volume is not turned all the way down or muted. Also, make sure the cables are connected correctly. See Playing Sound Through the Projector..
- If you’re using a computer audio cable, make sure it is connected to your computer’s headphone jack or audio out jack. Connect the other end to the projector’s Audio1 port when the computer’s video cable is connected to the Computer1 port. Otherwise, connect the cable to Audio2 if you’re using Computer2 for the computer’s video connection.
- If your presentation includes computer audio, make sure the volume control on your computer is not turned all the way down or muted. In Windows, you may be able to check this by clicking the volume control in your Windows system tray (lower right corner of the screen). On a Mac, you may be able to adjust the volume from your menu bar (top right corner of the screen) or using the volume control function keys.
- The wrong source may be selected. Press the Source Search button on the projector or the Search button on the remote control.
- Try adjusting the Volume setting in the Setting menu. See Customizing Projector Features.
Published: February 25, 2008
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page