What are the different Color Modes on the Image menu used for?
The Color Mode
setting adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for various common viewing environments. Use this setting to quickly obtain a good picture. Choose the Color Mode
in the Image menu or press the Color Mode
button on the remote control to select:
- Photo—For vivid, high-contrast still images in a bright room.
- Sports—For vivid TV images projected in a bright room (video, S-video, or composite video only).
- Presentation—For making color presentations in a bright room.
- Text—For making black-and-white presentations in a bright room.
- Theatre—For watching movies in a darkened room; gives images a natural tone.
- Game—Increases brightness when playing video games or watching TV in a bright room. Emphasizes dark gradations.
- sRGB—Matches the color palette of standard sRGB computer displays.
- Blackboard—Projects accurate colors on a green chalkboard (adjusts the white point).
- Customized—For manual color adjustment.
Published: February 25, 2008
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page