The solution for a paper problem depends on whether you are using the sheet feeder or the Automatic Document Feeder. See the solutions below:Sheet Feeder
- If paper doesn’t feed from the sheet feeder, reload it against the right side, behind the tab, then press in the tab on the left edge guide and slide it against the paper. Make sure the paper is not above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the sheet feeder, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- If the paper doesn’t eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Press the Stop/Clear Settings button, then lift the scanner and remove the paper. Select the correct paper size before you reprint.
- If it’s wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be damp or too thin. Load new paper.
- Make sure you use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Load it printable side up.
- Make sure you don’t load hole-punched paper.
- Don’t load more than the recommended number of sheets. If you’re printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
|Paper type||Load up to|
this many sheets
|Plain paper|| Approximately 100 sheets of 20 lb. paper, or a stack no more than 1/2 inch (12 mm) thick|
|Epson Presentation Paper Matte||100|
|Epson Bright White Paper||80|
|Epson Photo Paper Glossy|
Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
|Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-sided|
Epson Photo Quality Self-adhesive Sheets
Epson Iron-on Cool Peel Transfer Paper
- If the paper jams in the output tray or sheet feeder, do the following:
Automatic Document Feeder
- Gently pull any jammed paper out from the output tray or sheet feeder.
- Try turning the Epson Stylus CX9400Fax Series off and then back on, to eject the jammed paper.
If that doesn’t work and paper is stuck inside, turn off the Epson Stylus CX9400Fax Series. Lift the scanner, remove the jammed paper and torn pieces, lower the scanner, and turn the Epson Stylus CX9400Fax Series back on.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the Automatic Document Feeder, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- Make sure the originals are not creased or folded and do not have tape, staples, or other materials that could obstruct the feeder. Load only up to 30 letter-size sheets (up to 10 for legal-size) at a time and slide the edge guides against the paper. Insert the originals face-up.
- If the paper jams in the Automatic Document Feeder, do the following:
- Open the Automatic Document Feeder cover and pull the paper out to the left as shown.
Do not try to remove the paper without opening the cover first, or you could damage the mechanism.
- Press OK to clear any messages on the display screen.
- Reload the paper. Make sure the corners of the paper are not bent, folded, or curled up.