Make sure you’re not using the Macintosh OS X 10.5 Gutenprint driver. Follow these steps to check and change it if necessary:
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
- Click Print & Fax.
- If necessary, click once on your printer’s name in the Printer list. (You don’t need to do this if only one printer driver is installed.)
- If you see Gutenprint next to your printer name, go to step 5 to change the driver. (The RX620 appears in the example below, but you’ll see your printer or all-in-one name instead.)
If you see only your printer’s name, you’re using the correct driver, and you can skip the remaining steps.
- Turn off the printer.
- Click the button to remove the printer from the Printers list, then click OK.
- Go to the Drivers & Downloads page and download the Macintosh OS 10.5 driver and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences. If necessary, click Print & Fax.
- Turn on the printer. Your computer should add the printer automatically.
If your computer does not add the printer or if it adds the Gutenprint driver again, contact Apple for assistance. You may need to reinstall the Epson drivers provided with Macintosh OS X 10.5.Note:
To check ink levels, click Open Print Queue
> EPSON StatusMonitor
. (The Supply Levels
button will not show remaining ink levels for your Epson printer.)