How long should the projection lamp last in normal operation?
The lamp should last approximately 3000 to 4000 hours, depending on usage.
To prolong the life of the lamp, you can do the following:
- Turn on the projector’s Sleep Mode setting. See Selecting Projector Setup Options.
- Turn off the projector when not in use.
- Make sure the projector is operated within the environmental requirement of 41 to 95°F (5 to 35°C).
- Set the projector’s Brightness Control setting to Low. See Customizing Projector Features.
- Clean the filter if dust collects on the air filter or vent on the side of the projector.
- When you replace the lamp, make sure you don’t touch the lamp with your bare hands. The invisible residue left by the oils on your hands may shorten the lamp life. Use a cloth or a glove to handle the lamp.
- Press the A/V Mute button on the remote control when you don’t need to display an image.
Published: March 27, 2008
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page