|Error light (orange)||Ready light (green)||Meaning|
|Flashing||Off||An error has occurred.|
- Make sure the transportation lock is unlocked.
- Make sure the scanner is connected to your computer properly. See the Start Here sheet for instructions on connecting the scanner to your computer.
- Make sure the scanner software is fully installed. See the Start Here sheet for instructions on installing the scanner software.
- Paper is jammed in the ADF. Remove the jammed paper from the ADF. See Pages Remain in the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Turn off the scanner and turn it on again. If the Error and Ready lights are still flashing, the scanner may be malfunctioning, or the scanner light source may need to be replaced.