Try the following:
- The document camera needs hard edges or sharp lines in the image to be able to focus properly. If the image has only soft edges, try placing a different document under the camera lens while adjusting the focus.
- Make sure the lens is at least 2 inches (5 cm) away from the object you’re viewing.
- Press the Focus button.
- If you’re using a projector to display the image, check its focus.
- Make sure the document camera (or projector) lens isn’t dirty. To remove dirt or smears, use lens-cleaning tissue. If necessary, moisten a soft cloth with lens cleaner and gently wipe the lens surface.
Caution: Be careful not to scratch the lens. Never rub the lens with abrasive materials.
- Make sure the lens is not fogged by condensation. If you’ve just moved the document camera (or projector) from a cold environment, wait a couple of minutes before using it.