What should I do if the printout is blurry or smeared?
Check the following:
- Make sure your paper isn’t damp or curled, or loaded face-down (the printable side should be face-up).
- Use a support sheet with special paper, or try loading your paper one sheet at a time.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications.
- Use Epson papers to ensure proper saturation and absorption of genuine Epson inks.
- Align the print head.
- Remove each sheet from the output tray as it is printed.
- Avoid handling printouts on glossy paper for a few hours to allow the ink to set.
- Turn off High Speed mode in the Windows, Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4, or Mac OS X 10.5 printer software.
- If you are using double-sided paper and printing heavily saturated or dark images on the front side of the paper, you may notice that smudges or marks appear on the front when you print the second side. If one side of the paper will contain a lighter image or text, print that side first to eliminate marks or smudging.
- Make sure the Paper or Media Type Setting matches the paper you loaded.
Published: September 10, 2008
Return to Main FAQs Page