I replaced an ink cartridge and my printer still shows that ink is expended. What should I do?
If you have just installed a new ink cartridge and the red ink light is on, the cartridge may be incorrectly installed.
Follow the steps below to make sure the cartridges are correctly installed.
- Open the scanner.
- Press the Stop button to move the cartridges to the replacement position.
Do not move the print head by hand; this may damage your all-in-one. Always press and release the Stop button to move it.
- Open the cartridge cover.
- Press down all the ink cartridges until they click into place to make sure they are properly seated.
- Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.
- Close the scanner.
- Press the Stop button to begin charging the ink. This takes about 2 minutes.
When the On light stops flashing and remains on, ink charging is finished.
Never turn off the Epson Stylus while the ink is charging or you’ll waste ink.
If the ink light flashes, press the Stop button and press down all the cartridges securely.
If you remove an ink cartridge for later use, protect the ink supply area from dirt and dust and store it in the same environment as the Epson Stylus. Note that there is a valve in the ink supply port, making covers or plugs unnecessary, but take care to prevent the ink from staining items that the cartridge touches. Do not touch the ink cartridge ink supply port or surrounding area.
If you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot reinstall and use the cartridge.
Published: January 27, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page