Check the following:
- If paper doesn’t feed, remove it from the sheet feeder. Reload it against the right side, behind the tab, then press in the tab on the edge guide and slide it against the paper. Make sure the paper is not above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the sheet feeder, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- If the paper doesn’t eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Press the Stop button, then open the scanner and remove the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.
- If it’s wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be damp or too thin. Load new paper.
- Make sure you use new, smooth, high-quality paper, that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Make sure to load it printable side up.
- Do not load paper with holes punched in it for insertion in a binder.
- Make sure you load only up to the recommended number of sheets. If you’re printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
|Paper type||Load up to|
this many sheets
|Plain paper||Approximately 120|
|Epson Bright White Paper|
Epson Presentation Paper Matte
|Epson Photo Paper Glossy|
Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
|Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte|
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-Sided
Epson Photo Quality Self-Adhesive Sheets
Epson Iron-On Cool Peel Transfer Paper
- If the paper jams, do the following:
- Gently pull any jammed paper out from the output tray or sheet feeder.
- To eject the jammed paper, try turning the Epson Stylus NX400 off and then back on.
If that doesn’t work and paper is stuck inside, turn off the Epson Stylus NX400. Open the scanner, remove the jammed paper and torn pieces, close the scanner, and turn the Epson Stylus NX400 back on.