How can I check to see if the printer is operating properly without using my computer?
Follow these steps to perform a printer check which will help you determine if the Epson Stylus NX400 is operating properly.
- Turn off the Epson Stylus NX400.
- If your computer is connected, disconnect the USB cable.
- Load plain paper in the sheet feeder.
- Press Setup.
- Select Maintenance and press OK.
- Select Nozzle Check and press OK.
- Press Start.The Epson Stylus NX400 begins printing the nozzle check pattern.
- If the page prints, your Epson Stylus NX400 is operating and the problem may be caused by your computer, cable, software, or settings. Check for additional solutions or re-install the Windows or Macintosh software
If the pattern on the page has gaps, clean or align the print head.
- If the page does not print, the Epson Stylus NX400 may not be operating correctly. Check for additional solutions.
Published: January 16, 2009
Return to Main FAQs Page