The solution for a paper problem depends on whether you are using the sheet feeder or the Automatic Document Feeder. See the solutions below.
- If paper doesn’t feed into the printer, remove it from the sheet feeder. Reload it against the right side, behind the tab, then press in the tab on the edge guide and slide it against the paper and make sure it’s not too tight. Make sure the paper is not above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the sheet feeder, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it. Make sure the paper is not above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- If the paper doesn’t eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Press the OK button to eject the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.
- If it’s wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be over-saturated or too thin. (If the paper is over-saturated, make sure you select the correct media type in the printer software).
- Make sure you use new, smooth, high-quality paper, that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Load it printable side up.
- Do not load paper with holes punched in it for insertion in a binder.
- Make sure you don’t load more than the recommended number of sheets. If you’re printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
||Load up to
this many sheets
||Approximately 100 sheets, or a stack no more than 1/2 inch (12 mm) thick
|Epson Bright White Paper
|Epson Presentation Paper Matte
Epson Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-Sided
Epson Photo Quality Self-adhesive Sheets
Epson Iron-on Cool Peel Transfer Paper
- If the paper jams, do the following:
Automatic Document Feeder
- Gently pull any jammed paper out from the output tray or sheet feeder.
- To eject the jammed paper, try turning the Epson Stylus off and then back on.
If that doesn’t work and paper is stuck inside, turn off the Epson Stylus. Open the scanner, remove the jammed paper and torn pieces, close the scanner, and turn the Epson Stylus back on.
- Make sure the originals are not creased or folded and do not have tape, staples, or other materials that could obstruct the feeder. Load only up to 30 letter-size sheets (up to 10 for legal-size) at a time and slide the edge guide against the paper.
- If the LCD indicates that a paper jam has occurred, press OK and follow the instructions below:
- Open the ADF cover and remove any jammed paper.
Open the ADF cover before removing paper, or you could damage the mechanism.
- The message on the LCD screen asks if paper has been removed. Press 1 to clear the message.
- Close the ADF cover and reload the paper. Make sure the corners of the paper are not bent, folded, or curled up.