I replaced an ink cartridge and my printer still shows that ink is expended. What should I do?
Follow the steps below to make sure the cartridges are correctly installed.
- Turn on the Epson Stylus.
- Press the Menu button.
- Press the up or down arrow to select Maintenance and press OK.
- Select Ink Cartridge Replacement and press OK.
- Open the scanner.
Do not lift up the scanner unit when the document cover is open.
- Open the cartridge cover.
- Press down all the ink cartridges until they click into place to make sure they are properly seated.
- Close the cartridge cover and press it until it clicks into place.
- Close the scanner.
- Press OK to begin charging the ink. This takes about 2 minutes.
You see a message on the display screen when ink charging is finished.
Never turn off the Epson Stylus while the ink is charging or you’ll waste ink.
If you remove an ink cartridge for later use, protect the ink supply area from dirt and dust and store it in the same environment as the Epson Stylus with the label facing upward. Note that there is a valve in the ink supply port, making covers or plugs unnecessary, but take care to prevent the ink from staining items that the cartridge touches. Do not touch the ink cartridge ink supply port or surrounding area.
If you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot reinstall and use the cartridge.
Published: January 27, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page