I connected my printer with a USB cable to a new Windows 7 computer and now my printer software options are different. What should I do?
Windows 7 installed a limited version (Epson ESC/P-R) of the printer software. You’ll need to update the driver.
To update the driver do the following:
Note: If you see the message Driver update service is not currently available in your country or region, see the
Step-by-Step Instructions section of our Microsoft Windows 7 Support page to find out how to get drivers for your product.
- Turn on the printer.
- Click Start/Devices and Printers.
- Right-click Epson ESC/P-R printer software.
- Click Printing Preferences. A new window should open.
- Click Update to Latest Version.
- When you see the User Account Control window, click Yes.
- When you see the Epson Driver Update window, click Yes.
- Click OK.
- Select your printer’s name in the Epson Printer Utility Setup window, then click OK.
- Click OK.
Once the driver has been successfully installed, you will notice the printer name has changed from Epson ESC/P-R to your printer name.
Updated: August 26, 2014
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page