I replaced an ink cartridge and my printer still shows that ink is expended. What should I do?
Follow these steps to reseat the ink cartridge(s):
- Turn on the printer.
- Open the printer cover.
- Press the ink button until the print head moves to the replacement position on the right.
- Open the cartridge cover.
- Press down all the ink cartridges until they click into place to make sure they are properly seated.
- Close the cartridge cover.
- Close the printer cover and press the ink button to begin charging the ink. This takes about about 2 1/2 minutes.
When the power light stops flashing and remains on, ink charging is finished.
Never turn off the printer while the ink is charging or you’ll waste ink.
If you remove an ink cartridge for later use, protect the ink supply area from dirt and dust, and place it in a plastic bag. Store the cartridge in the same environment as the printer with the label facing upward. Note that there is a valve in the ink supply port, making covers or plugs unnecessary, but care is needed to prevent the ink from staining items that the cartridge touches. Do not touch the ink cartridge ink supply port or surrounding area, and do not store the cartridge upside down.
Published: January 28, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page