My Artisan 800 is already set up to work with one Windows PC on my wireless network. How do I set up an additional Windows PC to use the Artisan on the same network?
You’ll need to install additional software from the Artisan 800 Series software CD-ROM. (If you don’t have access to the CD, you can download the software from the Epson website.) Follow these steps:
- Make sure there is no USB or Ethernet cable attached to the Artisan.
- If you need to download the software, go to the Drivers & Downloads page for the Artisan 800 and download the software, then skip to step 8 to continue the installation.
If you’re installing the software from the Artisan 800 Series software CD, go to the next step.
- Insert the Artisan 800 Series software CD.
In Windows Vista, if you see the AutoPlay window, click Run Epsetup.exe. When you see the User Account Control screen, click Continue.
- When you see the Software Installation screen, click Install.
- When you see this screen, select Install driver for network connection and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software for your product. This takes several minutes.
- Select Set up an additional computer to use this printer, then click Next.
- Make sure the Artisan is turned on.
- When you see the FireWall Warning screen, click Next.
- If you see a firewall alert message, click Unblock or Allow to let Epson EasyInstall continue. Do not select Ask Me Later, Keep Blocking, or Block.
Note: Make sure that you allow network access for Epson EasyInstall. Verify that the publisher is SEIKO EPSON, then click Unblock.
- Select the printer you want to configure, then click Next.
Note: It may take up to 90 seconds for your computer to find the printer on the network. If your printer doesn’t appear in the list after 90 seconds, click the refresh button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. When you see the screen below, you can do the following:
When you’re finished selecting settings, click Next.Wait for the software installation to finish, then click Next.Follow the on-screen instructions to print a test page and finish the installation.
- Enter a new name for the printer in the Printer Name text box (optional)
- Select Set as default to make the Artisan your default printer (optional)
Published: May 19, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page