What should I do if the settings are grayed out in Epson Scan on my Macintosh?
Create a new user account using the instructions below. If you are able to change the settings in Epson Scan using the new account but not with the old account, please contact Apple for possible solutions.
- Click the Apple icon, then select System Preferences.
- Under System, select Accounts.
- If the padlock in the lower left corner is locked, click it to unlock it and enter the password when prompted.
- Click the + to create a new account.
- At the top, change the New Account field to Adminstrator.
- Complete the required fields, then click Create Account. (Do not set to automatically log in).
- Close the Accounts screen, click on the Apple icon to log out, then log in as the new user.
- Open Epson Scan.
Published: March 17, 2010
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page