My printouts are faint when I print from Macintosh OS X 10.5 (Leopard). What should I do?
Make sure you’re not using the Macintosh OS X 10.5 Gutenprint driver. Follow the steps below to check and change it if necessary.Note:
Make sure you’ve installed the Epson printer driver
for your WorkForce before proceeding.
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
- Click Print & Fax.
- If necessary, click once on your printer’s name in the Printer list. (You don’t need to do this if only one printer driver is installed.)
- If you see Gutenprint next to your printer name, go to step 5 to change the driver.
If you see only your printer’s name, you’re using the correct driver, and you can skip the remaining steps.
- Turn off the printer.
- Click the button to remove the printer from the Printers list, then click OK.
- Turn on the printer. Your computer should add the printer automatically.
If your computer does not add the printer or if it adds the Gutenprint driver again, contact Apple for assistance. You may need to reinstall the Epson drivers provided with Macintosh OS X 10.5.
: To check ink levels, click Open Print Queue
> EPSON StatusMonitor
. (The Supply Levels
button will not show remaining ink levels for your Epson printer.)
Published: July 14, 2008
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page