What should I do if I see static or noise in the image?
Check the following:
- If you’re using a computer cable longer than 6 feet (2 meters), or an extension cable, the image quality may be reduced.
- Keep your computer and video cables separated from the power cord as much as possible to prevent interference.
- If you’re using an extension cable, you may pick up interference if the cable is not adequately shielded. You may need to use a signal amplifier for longer cables.
- The video signal may be split between the computer and the projector. If you notice a decline in the projected image quality when the image is displayed simultaneously on your laptop computer and the projector, turn off the laptop’s LCD display.
- Make sure the correct input signal is selected in the Signal menu. See Adjusting Signal Settings for details.
- If you’re projecting from a composite or S-Video source, check the Video Signal setting in the Signal menu. In most cases, leave it set to Auto. If you’re using a 60-Hz PAL video source, change this setting to PAL60. See Adjusting Signal Settings.
- If you’re viewing video through composite or S-Video inputs, and you notice flickering or horizontal lines, turn on the Progressive setting. If you’re viewing still images, turn this setting on. See Adjusting Signal Settings.
- If you’ve used the Quick Setup or Keystone adjustment, you may need to decrease the Sharpness setting in the Image menu. See Adjusting the Image for details.
- Make sure the cables are securely connected at both ends.
- Select the correct resolution. See Compatible Video Formats.
- If you’re projecting from a computer, press the Auto button on the remote control or the Enter button on the projector to adjust tracking and sync automatically. If that doesn’t work, try adjusting the Sync and Tracking settings in the Signal menu. See Adjusting the Input Signal.
- If you’re projecting from a DVD player, VCR, or other video source, make sure the correct output signal is selected on the device.
Published: June 2, 2008
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page