Follow these steps to set up or change an existing password:
- Press the Freeze button on the remote control for about five seconds.
- Use the pointer button to select Power On Protect to On then press Enter.
- Press Esc.
- Select Password and press Enter.
- When you see a message asking if you want to change the password, select Yes and press Enter.
- Hold down the Num button on the remote control and use the numeric keypad to enter a four digit password. (The default setting is 0000.)
- When you see a confirmation message, reenter the password. Then press the Menu button to exit.
To set any of the projector’s security options, access the Password Protect screen as described above, and then turn on any of the following options:
- Power On Protect—Prevents unauthorized use of the projector. After the projector is plugged in and turned on, you must enter a password to use the projector.
- User’s Logo Protect—Prevents your custom screen and display settings from being changed.
If you lose the remote control, you will not be able to enter the password. Keep the remote control in a safe place at all times. Also, it’s a good idea to write down your password.