Can I view the image on my laptop at the same time it is displayed on the projector screen?
Your laptop may support this feature. Try the following.If you’re using a PC notebook:
If you’re using Macintosh OS X:
- Hold down the Fn key on the keyboard and press the function key that lets you display on an external monitor. It may have an icon such as , but it may be labelled CRT/LCD. Allow a few seconds for the projector to sync up after pressing it. Check your notebook’s manual or online help for details.
On most systems, the key lets you toggle between the LCD screen and the projector, or display on both at the same time.
- Depending on your computer’s video card, you might need to use the Display utility in the Control Panel to make sure that both the LCD screen and external monitor port are enabled. See your computer’s documentation or online help for details.
- Make sure the projector is connected to your Macintosh.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Display or Displays.
- Click Detect Displays.
- Make sure the VGA Display or Color LCD dialog box is selected.
- Click the Arrangement or Arrange tab.
- Make sure the Mirror Displays checkbox is selected.
Published: November 5, 2008
Return to Main FAQs Page