How do I set up my WorkForce for the fastest printing?
If you’re printing from your computer, make sure your system meets the requirements
. If you’re printing a high-resolution image, you need more than the minimum requirements listed. If you are printing over a wireless network, your signal strength may be low. You may also need to:
- Clear space on your hard drive or run a defragmentation utility.
- Close programs that you’re not using.
- Increase your system’s memory.
- If you installed the WorkForce 600 Series using a USB cable, use a computer with a high-speed USB 2.0 port.
- If you installed the WorkForce 600 Series using an Ethernet cable, use a computer and router (or hub or switch) with 100 Base-T ports.
- If you installed the WorkForce 600 Series as a wireless printer, use a computer and a router or wireless access point with 802.11g. Try moving the WorkForce 600 Series and your wireless router or access point closer together. Also avoid placing your WorkForce 600 Series next to large metal objects (such as a filing cabinet), microwave ovens, or 2.4 GHz cordless phones.
For the fastest printing, try these tips:
- Choose Black Ink Only in your printer settings if your document doesn’t include color.
- For Windows, choose Draft for the Quality Option.
- For Macintosh, set the Quality/Speed slider to Speed.
- Make sure Quiet Mode is not selected.
- If the WorkForce is connected to a USB hub, disconnect unused USB devices.
Published: August 29, 2008
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page