How do I print from a Bluetooth device?
You can print photos wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as digital cameras, PDAs (Personal Digital Assistants), phones, and computers. To do this, you need to purchase the optional Bluetooth Photo Print Adapter 2 (part number C12C824383), available from Epson. Follow the instructions below to connect the Bluetooth adapter and print wirelessly.Connect the Bluetooth Adapter
Select Bluetooth Settings
- Make sure your WorkForce is turned on but not printing.
Caution:Do not connect or remove the Bluetooth adapter while it is communicating with your Bluetooth device or while the WorkForce is printing; otherwise the WorkForce may malfunction.
- Connect the Bluetooth adapter to the connector on the front of your WorkForce.
Depending on your Bluetooth device, you may need to select settings on the WorkForce control panel to print from the device.
Print From a Bluetooth Device
- If necessary, press the Home button on the control panel to return to the Home menu.
- Press or to select Setup, then press OK.
- Press or to select Bluetooth Settings and press OK.
- Press to select the setting you want to change.
|Setting ||Options ||Description |
|BT PIN Code Set ||Any four-digit number |
(Default = 0000)
|Lets you set a four-digit passkey that must be entered on a device before printing if Pairing is selected as the BT mode or if BT Encryption is On. |
|BT Printer ID Set ||0 to 9 |
(Default = 1)
|If multiple Bluetooth-enabled printers are in the same communication range, you can distinguish them by assigning each a unique number (from 0 through 9). Turn the WorkForce off and then back on when you’re finished. |
|BT Mode ||Discoverable |
|Allows Bluetooth-enabled devices to freely discover the WorkForce and send print jobs. |
|Not discoverable ||Prevents unknown devices from discovering the printer. To print in this mode, first search for the WorkForce in Discoverable mode. Then you can print using this mode. |
|Pairing ||Requires that a four-digit passkey be entered on a device before it can print from the WorkForce. |
|BT Encryption ||On/Off |
(Default = Off)
|Select On to encrypt communication and require that a four-digit passkey be entered on a device before it can print from the WorkForce. |
Note: The BT Device Address of the WorkForce is set at the factory and displayed with the Bluetooth Settings.
- When you’re finished, press OK to exit.
- Position your Bluetooth device within 30 feet (10 meters) of the WorkForce.
- Select the photos you want to print on your Bluetooth device and send them for printing.
- Cell phone or PDA: Check the product documentation for instructions on setting up Bluetooth file sharing and sending files.
- Windows computer: Send photos using the Bluetooth file sharing program; check the documentation included with your computer's Bluetooth adapter for instructions.
- Macintosh computer: Double-click Bluetooth File Exchange in your Utilities folder and follow the on-screen instructions.
You see a receiving data screen on your WorkForce, then printing starts.Note:
If you see an error message, try printing the photo from a memory card or your computer instead.After printing is finished and your Bluetooth device is no longer communicating with the WorkForce, pull the adapter out of the port. Caution:
Do not connect or remove the Bluetooth adapter while it is communicating with your Bluetooth device or while the WorkForce is printing; otherwise the WorkForce may malfunction.
Published: December 10, 2008
Return to Main FAQs Page