Part of my image is blurred or out of focus. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Adjust the focus using the focus ring. See Focusing and Zooming the Image.
- If the projector is angled sharply toward the screen, it may not be possible to focus the entire image. Move the projector to position it more directly in front of the screen.
- There may be dirt or smears on the lens. Clean the lens as decribed in Cleaning the Lens.
- Lower the projection angle to reduce the amount of keystone correction required.
- Make sure the input signal setting on the Signal menu matches the signal from the connected device. See Adjusting Signal Settings.
- Make sure the lens is not fogged by condensation. If you’ve just moved the projector from a cold environment, wait a couple of minutes before using it.
- Adjust the Sharpness setting on the Image menu. See Adjusting the Image.
- If you’re projecting from a computer, you may need to adjust the Tracking and Sync settings. See Adjusting Signal Settings.
- Make sure the projector is within the proper range from the screen. See Positioning the Projector.
- If you’re projecting from a computer, you may need to adjust the track and sync settings.
Published: September 18, 2008
Return to Main FAQs Page