What are the different Color Modes on the Video menu used for?
The Color Mode
setting adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for various common viewing environments. Use this setting to quickly obtain a good picture. Choose the Color Mode
in the Image menu or press the Color Mode
button on the remote control to select:
- Photo—For vivid, high-contrast still images in a bright room (available only when the source is set to Computer or USB, or Slideshow).
- Sports—For vivid TV images projected in a bright room (only available for component video, S-video, or HDMI sources).
- Theatre—For watching movies in a darkened room; gives images a natural tone.
- Game—Increases brightness when playing video games or watching TV in a bright room.
- sRGB—Matches the color palette of standard sRGB computer displays.
- Dark Wall—Projects accurate colors on a dark wall or chalkboard.
- Living Room—For projecting black-and-white images in a bright room.
- Dynamic—For projecting in a bright room (brightest mode).
Published: October 14, 2008
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page