How should I clean the scanner?
To keep your scanner operating at its best, clean it periodically as described below.
- Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the scanner glass; the fluid might leak inside the scanner and damage it.
- Do not press the glass surface of the document table with any force.
- Be careful not to scratch or damage the glass surface of the document table, and do not use a hard or abrasive brush to clean it. A damaged glass surface can decrease the scan quality.
- Never use alcohol, thinner, or corrosive solvent to clean the scanner. These chemicals can damage the scanner components and the case.
- Be careful not to spill liquid into the scanner mechanism or electronic components. This could permanently damage the mechanism and circuitry.
- Do not spray lubricants inside the scanner.
- Never open the scanner case. If you think repairs or adjustments are necessary, contact Epson.
- Press the Power buttton for 3 seconds to turn off the scanner.
- Unplug the power cord from the scanner.
- Clean the outer case with a cloth dampened with mild detergent and water.
- If the glass surface of the document table gets dirty, clean it with a soft dry cloth. If the glass surface is stained with grease or some other hard-to-remove material, use a small amount of glass cleaner on a soft microfiber cloth to remove it. Wipe off all remaining liquid.
Published: January 16, 2009
Return to Main FAQs Page