The image is too light or dark, or colors are incorrect. What should I do?
Because of the different technologies used, your projected image may not exactly match the colors on your notebook or computer monitor.
- Use the Color Mode option in the projector’s Image menu to adjust the color. See Adjusting the Image.
- If you’re displaying video, adjust the Color Adjustment and Color Mode settings on the Image menu. You can also try adjusting the Color Saturation, ABS Color Temp, and Tint settings on the Image menu. See Adjusting the Image.
- Adjust the Brightness and Contrast settings on the Image menu. See Adjusting the Image.
- Adjust the Brightness Control setting. See Customizing Projector Features.
- Make sure the correct input signal is selected in the Signal menu. See Adjusting Signal Settings.
- If you’re projecting from a composite video source, make sure the correct Video Signal is selected on the Signal menu.
- Check your computer display settings to correct the color balance.
- If the image seems dark, the lamp may be nearing time for replacement. Check the lamp hours and replace the lamp, if necessary. See Replacing the Lamp.
- Make sure that all cables are connected securely to the proper ports and connected.
Published: January 19, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page