What can I do to prevent paper feed problems?
Check the following:
- Make sure the paper support extension is pulled up.
- If paper doesn’t feed, remove it from the sheet feeder. Reload it against the right edge, behind the tab, and slide the left edge guide against the paper (but not too tightly). Make sure the stack of paper is not above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the sheet feeder, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- If the paper doesn’t eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Press the paper button to eject the paper. Select the correct paper size before you reprint.
- If it’s wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be damp or too thin. Load new paper.
- Make sure you use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Load it printable side up.
- Do not load hole-punched paper.
- Store any unused paper flat to prevent it from curling in its original packaging in a dry area.
- Heavily saturated prints may curl, causing a paper jam when you’re printing on both sides of the paper.
- Don’t load more than the recommended number of sheets. If you’re printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
|Paper type||Load up to|
this many sheets
|Plain Paper||Approx. 120|
|Epson Presentation Paper Matte||100|
|Epson Bright White Paper||80|
|Epson Photo Paper Glossy|
Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
|Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-sided|
Epson Photo Quality Self-adhesive Sheets
Epson Iron-on Cool Peel Transfer Paper
- If the paper jams, do the following:
- Press the paper button for several seconds to clear the jam.
- If that doesn’t work, open the cover and remove any jammed paper, including small pieces that may have torn off.
- Close the cover, reload the paper and press the paper button.
Published: May 5, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page