Why are my margins incorrect?
Check the following:
- Make sure the paper settings are correct for your paper size in the Windows, Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4, or Mac OS X 10.5 printer software.
- Choose the correct margins for your paper size in your printing program.
- Use the Print Preview option in your Windows, Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4, or Mac OS X 10.5 printer software to check your margins before you print.
- Make sure the paper is positioned correctly in the sheet feeder. Slide the left edge guide against the paper.
- If you’re using a Macintosh, make sure you choose the correct printer in the Page Setup window and the Print window.
- If you’re printing from a web browser, the pages may not print correctly due to the web page design. Try one of the following:
- Check to see if there is a Printer Friendly Version (or similarly named) icon or link on the web page.
- If you’re printing from Internet Explorer 5.5 through version 6, use the Epson Web-To-Page software (which is included on the CD that came with your printer). It automatically adjusts web pages to fit to your printed page. (Requires Windows XP, 98, Me, or 2000 with Internet Explorer 5.5 through version 6. You don´t need it with Internet Explorer 7, because this functionality is built-in.)
- Experiment with the page setup and paper size, then select Print Preview from the File menu in your application to view the changes.
- You may need to uninstall your printer software and then reinstall it (Windows or Macintosh).
Published: May 5, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page