How do I set up my printer for the fastest printing?
Make sure your system meets the requirements
. If you’re printing a high-resolution image, you need more than the minimum requirements listed. You may also need to:
- Clear space on your hard drive or run a defragmentation utility.
- Close programs that you’re not using.
- Increase your system’s memory.
For the fastest printing, try these tips:
- Choose Black/Grayscale in your printer settings if your document doesn’t include color.
- For Windows, choose Draft for the Quality Option.
- For Macintosh, set the Quality/Speed slider to Speed.
- If the printer is connected to a USB hub, disconnect unused USB devices.
Published: May 5, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page