Why are my margins incorrect?
The solution depends on if you’re printing, scanning, or copying. See the solutions below for your task.Printing
- Make sure the paper settings are correct for your paper size in the Windows, Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4, or Mac OS X 10.5 printer software.
- Choose the correct margins for your paper size in your printing program.
- Use the Print Preview or Preview option in your Windows, Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4, or Mac OS X 10.5 printer software to check your margins before you print.
- Make sure your paper is positioned next to the right side of the feeder and the edge guide is against the left side of the paper. See Load paper.
- If you’re using a Macintosh, make sure you choose the correct printer in the Page Setup window and the Print window.
- If you’re printing from a web browser, the pages may not print correctly due to the web page design. Try one of the following:
- Use Epson Web-To-Page software if you’re using Windows XP or 2000 with Internet Explorer 5.5 through version 6. This software automatically adjusts web pages to fit your printed page. Do not use it with Internet Explorer 7 because this functionality is built-in.
- Check to see if there is a Printer Friendly Version (or similarly named) icon or link on the web page that you can click on.
- Experiment with page setup and paper size, then select Print Preview from the File menu in your application to view the changes.
Published: May 11, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page