How do I change the default print settings when printing from my computer?
When you change your print settings from within a program, the changes apply only while you’re printing at that time in the open program. If you want to select different settings to use in all your programs, you can change the default print settings. Follow the steps below for your operating system to change the default print settings.Windows 2000, XP, Vista
- Right-click the printer icon in the task bar (bottom-right corner of your screen), and select Printer Settings.
- Select the settings you want to use as defaults in all your Windows programs.
- Click OK to accept the changes.
- Open a document and select Print from the File menu.
- Select the print settings you want to to save.
- Click the Presets pop-up menu and do one of the following:
- Select Last Used Settings.
- Select Save As, enter a name for your preset, and click OK.
Published: May 11, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page