What can I do about paper feed problems?
Check the following:
- If paper doesn’t feed, remove it from the sheet feeder. Reload it against the right side, then squeeze the edge guide and slide it against the paper but not too tightly. Make sure the stack of paper is not above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the sheet feeder, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- If it’s wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be over-saturated or too thin. (If the paper is over-saturated, make sure you select the correct media type in the printer software).
- Make sure you use new, smooth, high-quality paper, that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Load it printable side up.
- Do not load paper with holes punched in it.
- Make sure you don’t load more then the recommended number of sheets. If you’re printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
|Paper type||Load up to|
this many sheets
Epson Bright White Paper
Epson Presentation Paper Matte
|Approximately 80 sheets|
|Epson Photo Paper Glossy|
Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
|Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte|
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-Sided
Epson Photo Quality Self-Adhesive Sheets
Epson Iron-On Cool Peel Transfer Paper
- If paper jams, follow these steps:
- Gently pull any jammed paper from the output tray or sheet feeder.
- If paper is stuck inside, turn off the Epson Stylus.
- Lift the scanner, remove the jammed paper and torn pieces.
- Lower the scanner, and turn the Epson Stylus back on.
Published: May 11, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page