If you have just installed a new cartridge and you still see an ink related error, the cartridge may be incorrectly installed.
Follow the steps below to make sure the cartridge is correctly installed.Note
: We recommend that you use genuine Epson cartridges and do not refill them. The use of other products may affect your print quality and could result in printer damage.
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- Do one of the following:
- If you see a message on the printer’s display screen to install or replace an ink cartridge, press OK.
- Otherwise, press Setup, press or to select Maintenance, and press OK. Then select Cartridge Replacement and press OK.
- Open the scanner.
Do not touch the white cable inside your printer.
Do not open the ink cartridge cover while the print head is moving.
- Open the cartridge cover.
- Press down each ink cartridge until it clicks into place. (If a cartridge is properly seated already, you may not hear a click.)
Note: When you installed the new cartridge, you should have removed the yellow tape from the bottom. If you know you removed it, skip to step 6. If you’re not sure, you can pull out the cartridge to check. (Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift it straight up.) Remove the tape if necessary, then reinstall the cartridge, pressing it down firmly.
Caution: It’s best not to remove a cartridge unless necessary. Note that if you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot reinstall and use that cartridge again.
Warning: If ink gets on your hands, wash them thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children.
- Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.
- Lower the scanner.
- Press OK to begin charging the ink. This takes about 2 minutes. When you see a completion message on the LCD screen, ink charging is finished.
Caution: Never turn off your Epson printer while ink is charging or you’ll waste ink.