What can I do about paper feed problems?
Check the following:
- If paper doesn’t feed, remove it from the sheet feeder. Fan it, then stack and align the edges. Reload it against the right side, behind the tab, then press in the tab on the left edge guide and slide it against the paper. Make sure the paper is not above the arrow mark inside the left edge guide. Make sure the paper support extensions are fully extended.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the sheet feeder, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- Make sure you use new, smooth, high-quality paper, that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Load it printable side up.
- Do not load paper with holes punched in it for insertion in a binder.
- If the paper doesn’t eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Press the Start button, then open the scanner and remove the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.
- If it’s wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be over-saturated or too thin. (If the paper is over-saturated, make sure you select the correct media type in the printer software).
- Make sure you don’t load more than the recommended number of sheets. If you’re printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
|Paper type||Load up to |
this many sheets
|Plain paper—letter-size (8.5 x 11 inches [216 x 279 mm])||Approximately 100 sheets* |
|Epson Bright White Paper|
Epson Presentation Paper Matte
|Epson Photo Paper Glossy|
Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
|Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-Sided|
Epson Photo Quality Self-Adhesive Sheets
Epson Iron-On Cool Peel Transfer paper
Plain paper—legal size (8.5 x 14 inches [216 x 356 mm])
* Based on 20-lb [75 g/m2] paper weight. Do not load paper higher than the arrow mark on the left edge guide.
- If the paper jams, do the following:
- Gently pull any jammed paper out from the output tray or sheet feeder.
- If paper is stuck inside, turn off your Epson printer.
- Lift the scanner, remove the jammed paper and torn pieces, lower the scanner, and turn the printer back on.
Published: June 11, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page