How do I set up my WorkForce for the fastest printing?
If you’re printing from your computer, make sure your system meets the requirements
. If you’re printing a high-resolution image, you need more than the minimum requirements listed. You may also need to:
- Clear space on your hard drive or run a defragmentation utility.
- Close programs that you’re not using.
- Increase your system’s memory.
- If you installed the WorkForce using a USB cable, use a computer with a high-speed USB 2.0 port.
- If you installed the WorkForce using an Ethernet cable, use a computer and router (or hub or switch) with 100 Base-T ports.
For the fastest printing, try these tips:
- Choose Black/Grayscale in your printer settings if your document doesn’t include color.
- For Windows, choose Draft for the Quality Option.
- For Macintosh, set the Quality/Speed slider to Speed.
- Make sure Quiet Mode is not selected.
- If the WorkForce is connected to a USB hub, disconnect unused USB devices.
- For Windows, try adjusting the settings in the Speed & Progress window:
- Right-click the printer icon in the lower right corner of your screen (taskbar) and select Printer Settings. If you don’t see the icon, see No Printer Icon Appears in Windows Taskbar for instructions on making it appear.
- Click the Maintenance tab.
- Click the Speed & Progress button.
- Selecting from the following settings will increase print or copy speeds:
- High Speed Copies
- Always spool RAW datatype
- Page Rendering Mode
- Print as Bitmap
Published: May 11, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page