The solution depends on whether you are using the sheet feeder or the Automatic Document Feeder. See the solutions below.
If nothing prints, blank pages feed or pages with incorrect characters print after you've cleared a paper jam, cancel any pending print jobs
from your computer.
- If paper doesn’t feed, remove it from the sheet feeder. Reload it against the right side, behind the tab, then press in the tab on the edge guide. Slide it against the paper and make sure it’s not too tight. Make sure the paper is not above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the sheet feeder, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- If the paper doesn’t eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Press the Stop/Clear Settings button, then open the scanner and remove the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.
- If it’s wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be over-saturated or too thin. (If the paper is over-saturated, make sure you select the correct media type in the printer software.)
- Make sure you use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Load it printable side up.
- Do not load paper with holes punched in it for insertion in a binder.
- Make sure you load only up to the recommended number of sheets. If you’re printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
||Load up to
this many sheets
|Epson Bright White Paper
|Epson Presentation Paper Matte
Epson Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-Sided
Epson Photo Quality Self-Adhesive Sheets
Epson Iron-On Cool Peel Transfer paper
- If the paper jams, do the following:
Automatic Document Feeder
- Gently pull any jammed paper from the output tray or sheet feeder.
- To eject the jammed paper, try turning the WorkForce off and then back on.
If that doesn’t work and paper is stuck inside, turn off the WorkForce. Open the scanner, remove the jammed paper and torn pieces, close the scanner, and turn the WorkForce back on.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the Automatic Document Feeder, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload them.
- Make sure the originals are not creased or folded and do not have tape, staples, or other materials that could obstruct the feeder. Do not load more than 30 letter-size sheets (or 10 legal-size) at a time, and slide the edge guides against the paper. Insert the originals face-up.
- If the paper jams in the Automatic Document Feeder, do the following:
- Open the Automatic Document Feeder cover and pull the paper out to the left as shown.
Do not try to remove the paper without opening the cover first, or you could damage the mechanism. (The ADF cover is closed in both illustrations below.)
- Press OK to clear any messages on the display screen.
- Reload the paper. Make sure the corners of the paper are not bent, folded, or curled up.