When I try to print, I see the message Printer is Offline. What should I do?
It is possible the product and the computer have lost connection and are not communicating.
To re-establish the connection, try the following solutions:
- Make sure the product is powered on.
- Check the product's control panel for any error messages and follow the instructions to solve them.
- Make sure you are choosing the correct printer when printing. If there are multiple copies of the same printer driver, remove the drivers that are not in use.
- Make sure the USB cable is a shielded "AB" cable not more than 10 feet long.
Note: Do not use devices that extend the length of the cable because they can interfere with signal transmission.
- If you're using a USB hub with your product, connect the product directly to your computer.
Note: Do not connect through a USB keyboard. The keyboard acts like a USB hub and can interfere with signal transmission.
- Use a different port on your computer.
- If your product is networked wirelessly, make sure it is connected to the network by checking the WiFi light. If the WiFi light is off, reconfigure the product using the control panel.
Published: June 22, 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page