Why are my margins incorrect?
The solution depends on if you’re printing, scanning, or copying. See the solutions below for your task.Printing
- Make sure the paper settings are correct for your paper size in the Windows, Macintosh OS X 10.5, or Macintosh OS X 10.3 and 10.4 printer software.
- Choose the correct margins for your paper size in your printing program.
- Use the Print Preview option in your Windows, Macintosh OS X 10.5, or Macintosh OS X 10.3 and 10.4 printer software to check your margins before you print.
- Make sure your paper is positioned next to the right side of the feeder and the edge guide is against the left side of the paper. See Load Paper.
- If you’re using a Macintosh, make sure you choose the correct printer in the Page Setup window and the Print window.
- If you’re printing from a web browser, the pages may not print correctly due to the web page design. Try one of the following:
- If you’re printing from Internet Explorer 5.5 through version 6, use the Epson Web-To-Page software (which is included on the CD that came with your printer). It automatically adjusts web pages to fit to your printed page. (Requires Windows XP, 98, Me, or 2000 with Internet Explorer 5.5 through version 6. You don´t need it with Internet Explorer 7, because this functionality is built-in.)
- Check to see if there is a Printer Friendly Version (or similarly named) icon or link on the web page that you can click on.
- Experiment with page setup and paper size, then select Print Preview from the File menu in your application to view the changes.
Published: August 18, 2009
Return to Main FAQs Page