Why are my margins incorrect?
The solution depends on if you’re printing, scanning, or copying. See the solutions below for your task.Printing
- Make sure the paper settings are correct for your paper size in the Windows, Mac OS X 10.5, or 10.3 and 10.4 printer software.
- Choose the correct margins for your paper size in your printing program.
- Use the Print Preview option in your Windows, Mac OS X 10.5, or 10.3 and 10.4 printer software to check your margins before you print.
- Make sure your paper is positioned correctly in the cassette. See Load paper.
- If you’re printing from a web browser, the pages may not print correctly due to the web page design. Try one of the following:
- Check to see if there is a Printer Friendly Version (or similarly named) icon or link on the web page that you can click on.
- Experiment with page setup and paper size, then select Print Preview from the File menu in your application to view the changes.
Published: September 17, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page