Why are my margins incorrect?
The solution depends on if you’re printing, scanning, or copying. See the solutions below for your task.Printing
- Make sure the paper settings are correct for your paper size in the Windows, Mac OS X 10.5, or 10.3 and 10.4 printer software.
- Choose the correct margins for your paper size in your printing program.
- Use the Print Preview option in your Windows, Mac OS X 10.5, or 10.3 and 10.4 printer software to check your margins before you print.
- Make sure your paper is positioned correctly in the cassette. See Load paper.
- If you’re printing from a web browser, the pages may not print correctly due to the web page design. Try one of the following:
- If you’re printing from Internet Explorer 5.5 through version 6, use the Epson Web-To-Page software (included on the CD that came with your printer). It automatically adjusts web pages to fit to your printed page. (Requires Windows XP, 98, Me, or 2000 with Internet Explorer 5.5 through version 6. You don´t need it with Internet Explorer 7, because this functionality is built-in.)
- Check to see if there is a Printer Friendly Version (or similarly named) icon or link on the web page that you can click on.
- Experiment with page setup and paper size, then select Print Preview from the File menu in your application to view the changes.
Published: September 17, 2009
Return to Main FAQs Page