Why are my margins incorrect?
The answer depends on whether you’re printing, scanning, or copying. See the solutions below for your task.Printing
- Make sure the paper settings are correct for your paper size in the Windows, Macintosh OS X 10.5, or Macintosh OS X 10.3 to 10.4 printer software.
- Choose the correct margins for your paper size in your printing program.
- Use the Print Preview option in your Windows, Macintosh OS X 10.5, or Macintosh OS X 10.3 to 10.4 printer software to check your margins before you print.
- Make sure your paper is positioned next to the right side of the feeder and the edge guide is against the left side of the paper. See Load Paper.
- If you’re using a Macintosh, make sure you choose the correct printer in the Page Setup window and the Print window.
- If you’re printing from a web browser, the pages may not print correctly due to the web page design. Try one of the following:
- Use the Epson Web-To-Page software if you’re using Windows XP or 2000 with Internet Explorer 5.5 through version 6 (not necessary with Internet Explorer 7 or later). This software automatically adjusts web pages to fit your printed page.
- Check to see if there is a Printer Friendly Version (or similarly named) icon or link on the web page that you can click on.
- Experiment with page setup and paper size, then select Print Preview from the File menu in your application to view the changes.
Published: August 18, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page