How do I copy legal-size documents on legal-size paper?
Do the following:
- Load legal-size paper. See Load Paper in the Main Tray.
- Open the ADF (Auto Document Feeder) paper support.
- Fan the originals, then tap the stack on a flat surface to even the edges.
- Move the edge guide outward.
- Insert your legal-size originals face-up.
Note: Load only up to 10 sheets at a time to prevent paper feeding problems. Make sure the originals are not creased or folded and do not contain tape, staples, or other materials that could obstruct the feeder.
- Slide the edge guides against the originals.
When paper is loaded in the Automatic Document Feeder in Copy or Fax mode, the ADF icon appears on the display:
- Press the Home button and select Copy.
- To print more than 1 copy, press + or − to select the number (up to 99). Or press the number 1 (above the word copies) to display the numeric keypad, then select the number and press OK.
- Select Color or B&W .
- Adjust the Density (darkness or lightness) of the copy, if necessary.
- Press Menu, and select Paper and Copy Settings.
- Select Paper Size, then select Legal.
Paper Size options depend on the Paper Type setting you choose. After you finish selecting your settings, press OK.
- Press Start to begin copying.
Published: August 24, 2009
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page