How do I print envelopes using InDesign?
Do the following:
Create the envelope:
- Open Adobe InDesign. (If you have already created the envelope, skip to step 7)
- Click Create new document or File, New, then select Document to open the new document window.
- Enter the width and height of your envelope.
- Select Horizontal for orientation.
- Set your margins.
- Click OK.
Print the envelope:
- Click File then Print.
- Click Setup then Envelope from the Paper Size drop-down menu.
If you have a custom size envelope you can select your custom size from this same menu.
- Confirm your Orientation is correct, Page Position is set to Upper Left, and click Setup.
- Select Preferences, then the Maintenance tab.
- Select Printer and Option Information and check Thick paper and envelopes, then click OK.
- Click OK then Print.
Published: June 11, 2010
Thank you for your feedback.
Return to Main FAQs Page